joXSI is a free, open source .xsi file importer for java.
The goal is to have joXSI support everything in the xsi file format, including inverse kinematics and skinned
Click here to launch a simple joXSI demo. (JNLP)
(It can take a few seconds before the model shows up after the window is visible.. have patience)
joXSI is currently far from done. It doesn't even have a version number yet.
So far, it does the following:
- Parses all templates for xsi files version 3.5
- Builds vertex lists for vertex positions, colors, normals and up to four texture units
- Applies all FCurves in a clip on command (this means it supports simple srt animation)
- If there is an envelope, they are automatically applied to the vertex lists (this means it supports skinned
- Loads a texture by name. This is the ONLY thing it does with materials so far.
- Renders the scene via JOGL/JSR 231
joXSI is released under the BSD licence (see the LICENSE file).
Click here to download the source code for joXSI, or here to
download the binaries.
or here to download the source in a Eclipse 3.2 Project
Or you can browse the javadocs for joXSI online.
joXSI is now hosted on SourceForge at sourceforge.net/projects/joxsi/. SourceForge includes Subversion version
management system to manage the source code, a feature request tracker, a bug tracker, and project releases.
There are now comments in the source code!
If you want to contribute to joXSI (either by suggesting patches, or by sending feedback), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put
"joXSI" somewhere in the subject line or contact the developers through the SourceForge project page.